Bernie & Shirley Karstad of Saskatoon talk about their Legacy Gift to the Prairie Centre of Ecumenism made through the Catholic Foundation.
Best Practices in Parish Stewardship
Be a welcoming parish that takes community building seriously.
Parishes need to warmly welcome all members. Everyone has something to contribute. Everyone is needed. Communities known for their hospitality to all members, for the vitality of their faith, and for the depth of their service to people in need invariably inspire others to participate in ministry and to be generous in their financial support.
“Who Cares? I Care!”
I care about my church family
- Nurturing our parish
- Teaching our children and young people about Christ and our Catholic faith
- Supporting our parish home
I care about my community:
- Through the Bishops Annual Appeal
- Through the mission and outreach of my parish and the Diocese of Saskatoon
I care about Canada and the World through
- The Bishops Annual Appeal
- Doing mission work through my giving to our national and international Catholic charities
- Archdiocese of Winnipeg http://www.archwinnipeg.ca/stewardship_and_the_pastoral_vision_2010_to_2012.php
- Archdiocese of Vancouver http://www.rcav.org/Diocesan_Offices/Default.aspx?id=5624
- Our Sunday Visitor– for a variety of stewardship materials, including books, periodicals, parish resources, and offering envelopes
|Commitment per Month in Dollars|
Parishes are welcome to use the forms available to them for a parish level Pre Authorized Giving (PAG) implementation. Word Documents are provided so that you may customizing these forms to your parish specifics. However, the PDF's are available for quickly implementing the program.